Allit’s products have been put through their paces by the TÜV testing organisation!
Since 1994, Allit has regularly approached TÜV Rheinland (an independent, internationally recognised German inspection and certification body) in order to have the consistent safety and reliability of the McPlus and ProfiPlus product range verified. The products have passed all tests with excellent results, so Allit has been entitled ever since to label the products with the TÜV/GS approval mark.
Numerous products of the two product lines have been put to the test; they are thus approved as “safe” within the meaning of the stringent German Product Safety Act (“Produktsicherheitsgesetz”).
In order to obtain the coveted TÜV certificate, products must undergo harsh physical and chemical testing as the TÜV auditors place a primary focus on the criteria of safety, reliability and fitness for use.
Here is an overview of the main testing criteria applied by the TÜV organisation:
- Safety and solidity of the articles
- The security and solidity of the stack and handling are checked. The products are stackable and have no burrs, sharp edges or pinch points to prevent injury.
- No risk of injury from closures and handles.
- No burrs, sharp edges or pinch points
- Very sturdy carrying handles
- Successfully passed drop and impact tests
- With suitcases with wheels very good runnability was found even on uneven ground
- Chemical innocuity of the articles, partly in compliance with food safety requirements
The plastics used are checked to ensure that no specified limit values for pollutants (eg PAH, cadmium) are exceeded.
- Manufacturer’s compliance with its duty of care:
The articles must be labelled or stamped with the following information: manufacturer’s name, address and product type designation
- Review of various requirements
on surfaces, dimensions, dimensional stability, stackability, bottom deflection, load capacity
The experience and insight gained from these tests get infused into our work and are taken account of in the evolution of our range.